Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Old and The New

Last year I posted pictures of an old sampler that I'd purchased. It was glued onto a piece of matboard. I took it to my framer and we discussed what to do with it. She managed to remove it from the matboard and suggested it be sewn onto a piece of fabric and then framed. I picked out a frame and she did the rest! Didn't she do a wonderful job?!




Please excuse the glare from the glass. I took a couple of close-up pictures too.






My LNS has started a monthly Sampler Club. I picked out a design by Stacy Nash called Tribute to Summer Sampler. It's not a typical SN design and I think I was drawn to it because it reminds me of Blackbird Designs! At any rate, the fabric is on order so I will have to wait awhile to start it. So in the meantime, another sampler caught my eye.... The Blue Tulip Sampler by Beehive Needleworks. Here it is with my small start. I'm using DMC flosses and the fabric is called Smokey White.




Right now I'm still stitching on The North Wind, my Jan 1st project.




Happy Stitching until next time! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Your framed sampler turned out great...Barb did a great job!!

    Can't wait to see you and your stash;)

    ReplyDelete