Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy New Year + 1 Week!

Happy New Year 2011!


I hope everyone is having a great start to the new year. It's like a blank page, isn't it? So many possibilities for fun, learning and adventure, and stitching!

Although I should be looking forward right now, this post is going to deal with looking backward as I have some stitching projects to share.

I know I was lax in posting my Christmas stitching and I really thought after C-mas I would find the time, but now the new year is already a wk old.

Sooo, there's no time like the present, here we go!

This is the ornament that I stitched for my stitch group exchange. I did the finishing too, can you believe it??
The cording was a "bear" to stitch on, and I learned that if I did this more than once a yr it would be easier! I followed the finishing directions in the JCS ornie mags.
Oh, it's a Glory Bee design.




This is the ornie that I received! isn't it adorable! Mary stitched this and I LOVE the yarn trim! Such a clever idea! She said it wasn't hard to stitch it on, and I guess it would be forgiving since it's suppose to be "flirty" ! ( I just made that up!)




The next two are ones I stitched for our DDs for Christmas. The snowman is Sarah's. It's a Prairie Schooler.


The Gingerbread Tree is Jennifer's, and was designed by Little House. I really like this finish as it's simple, but cute too.






Last, but not least, is the ornie my friend Janet stitched for me! It's by Homespun Elegance. I LOVE the heart shape and she did a great job of finishing it! Thanks so much, Janet!

That's all for now, I do have a couple of laggers to finish and hope to be able to post them next time!

We are to FINALLY get a snow next week! Just seems like we are due for one and I think this one will be pretty major!


Wherever you live, in warm or cold temps right now, I hope you are enjoying this brand new year and making the most of it!

Thanks for sticking by me, Dear Readers, as I know my blogging has been sporatic in the past, but one of my goals for this year is to be a better and more frequent blogger!

Thanks also for the lovely comments I've received, I appreciate each and every one!


Till next time! :-)

1 comment:

  1. You've been a busy lady! The "new look" is great.
    Happy Day

    ReplyDelete