Tuesday, November 30, 2010

How do YOU get in the holiday mood?

The holidays are fast approaching..........tomorrow is the first of December and it seems after that, the days take on extra speed! Before we know it, Christmas is here, then the New Year! Where did 2010 go??


I'm just not there yet with the holiday mood. I don't mean to be a humbug by any means! But, we haven't had much cold weather, altho I heard we had snow flurries today, but I didn't see them. The tv ads haven't gotten me in the shopping mood either. Black Friday and Cyber Monday were lost on me. And, I'm really not ready to put up the decorations or the tree.


But, I have been doing some holiday stitching! Here's a Little House Designs piece called Holly & Berries. Think I will turn it into a flat hanging ornament.




And, I have been stitching on other ornaments...one for my stitch group exchange and a couple for gifts. None can be shown yet.


Anyway, maybe between the Christmas light displays, cards that will soon be arriving, cookies that will fill the house with wonderful aromas, and possibly even some snow on the ground, I will be ready to enjoy this most festive time of year. After all, none of this preparation is important if we forget the Reason for the Season, celebrating the Christ Child's birth.

How do YOU get in the holiday mood?

1 comment:

  1. I just let go of all the "worry" and find my own happiness. I heard this Saturday which helps..."be quiet and listen to your heart". Enjoy your stitching, which by the way is lovely, and just do what you can! Hope to see you soon...hugs.

    ReplyDelete